Monday, November 19, 2007

Mama Hahn completes first half marathon!!

I know I'm completely pathetic with updating this blog, but eventually I always get around to it. After my hockey season ended last year I decided that I was going to start training for a half marathon. This was a goal I had set for myself to complete before I turned 30 and we all know that I'm running out of time for that!!! I gotta admit the thought of running 21 kilometers was more than daunting to me in the beginning of my training, but I did it!! I ended up meeting some great girls in my running clinic which was the motivation I needed to get out there 3 times a week. Training through the brutally hot summer was a challenge, but was certainly good preparation for the Okanagan race day weather. The race was on October 6th in Kelowna ~ the "Okanagan International Marathon". Chris and Moby came up to cheer me on and followed us along on the race route. The first time I saw them was at the 10k mark, where Moby decided to run out on the road a join me!! Was too cute ~ everyone was laughing so hard!! Check out the pics! I completed the race with a chip time of 2 hours and 13 minutes! It was my goal to finish around 2:15 so I was happy with that. I was starting to run out of juice by about the 19 k mark, but I made it!!


The "Mob"

Let the games begin!!

Ready, set, goooooooooooo!!


There's little mobers joining me!!

Smile and wave!!!

This is at about 16k!! Still smiling!!


Home stretch ~ last kilometer and clearly slowing down!

The grand finish!!!
I did it and I'm VERY proud of myself!!
A metal!! I love it!!

My running mates! Amber and Susan!!

I had so much fun and will totally do another race for sure! I think the next one will be in the June in Vancouver!! As for a full marathon ... well, I may have to save that as a goal to complete before my 40th brithday!! One big accomplishment per decade, sounds like a plan to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,
Running a half marathon is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations girl!

Paula D (Your cuz)